Notice of Election
Uttlesford District Council
Election of Councillor for the Clavering Parish Council
1. Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer, c/o The Delivery Bay, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4ER on any day after the date of this notice, Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Thursday 8th April 2021.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from Uttlesford District Council's website http://www.uttlesford.gov.uk/standingforelections or from the offices of the Returning Officer, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4ER, during the times stated above.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 6th May.
4. Applicationa to register to vote must reach the Elctoral Registration Office by 12 midnight on Mondat 19th April 2021. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer (address above) by 5pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer (address above) by 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons Must reach the Electoral Registration Officer (address above) by 5pm on Thursday 6th May 2021. THe physical incapacity must have occured after 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
Dated Friday 19th March 2021 Dawn French, Returning Officer
General voting information:
Voting in Clavering:
Standing as a candidate for Clavering Parish Council:
The Electoral Commission guidance for candidates at a Parish Council Election: