Clerk Report April 2020
Actions taken by the Chairman on the Clerk’s behalf
1. Contact details - in public domain - for Village's Over 60's Group passed over Fleur Brooks - UDC -Safeguarding Office
2. Contact details for Village Fete Committee passed on, with permission, to Angela Grenski UDC Community Safety Partnership so the Police & Community Partnership have a stall at the fete.
3. All cheques written for 9th March Meeting sent off/ delivered to beneficiaries excepting PC Clerk's Account and Clerk's Personal Expenses
4. Email to Ben Smeedon asking for tree advice at Hill Green re donated trees
5. Email to Mr Noble giving permission that Allotment Land could be worked from to clear the ditch - further email from him advising of rubbish found on ditch and other rubbish there. Email sent back. Cllr Patmore contacted re rubbish - he said much comes from a house there but we can discuss.
6. Response to P Walter's email re Stickling Green Copse cc to Clerk
7. Cllr Couchman has now delivered copies of letters re Stickling Copse to me, Cllr Carter & Cllr Clayton, scanned to all Cllrs.
8. UDC S106 Questionnaire completed
9. Chased Cllr Cook for new website address as needed for newsletter and also as it goes live on the day you need to post agenda, meeting docs etc...
10. Planning applications discussed in meeting: All comments - which were no comments - advised to UDC
11. Cllr Edward Oliver telephone-confirmed that his statement re UDC Standards Committee and Confidentiality of meetings/part of meetings could be minuted and also placed in the PC newsletter.
12. Email enclosing letter of acknowledgement dd 13th March re. FOI request from a parishioner received 9th March sent to him by email & cc'd to Clerk
13. Email acknowledgement to a parishioner re his email 'Suggestion' dd 11th March
14. Attended Corsto meeting as Cllr Stanford poorly. Cllr Cook is going to play to see if it works today at transferring documentation. Cllr Cook will then copy across all needed documentation so when it goes live on 1st April, everything is there.... and then when he has done all this, he will give you a tutorial....
15. 15. Letter to Jubilee Filed advising of Funding for Projects Grant for £5000 for the Adventure Playground.
Cllr Gill has also been circulating the Covid-19 updates from EALC
Covid-19 update #1 and #2
Thanks for grant funding, and a poster of the proposed layout of the new playground.
Covid -19 update
Bulletin w/c 9th March
Planning Application Notification -UTT/20/06 38/HHF Clatterbury Cottage, Arkesden Road, Clavering, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4QU
Police bulletin w/c 9th March
Closure of Watery Stones for 15 days from 1st June for Affinity Water works.
Closure of Langley Road for 1 day on 23rd March for ECC patching
Rye Street Trees – request that CPC receive free trees in November for planting as the deadline is 20th March, and no responses from Ben Smeeden yet.
Collecting documents for the new website.
Copy of notes made during the confidential Standard’s Board hearing, sent from an anonymous source with no covering letter – following contact with Mr. Pugh, on his advice the letter was destroyed.
Closure of Pelham Road for 49 days for Affinity Water works. From 13th April.
Latest Covid-19 report circulated, and advice that the EALC offices are now closed, contact can be made via email.
STAY AT HOME
Planning Application Notification -UTT/20/06 67/FUL Land Rear Of Side Stream, High Street, Clavering, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB11 4QR
Cancelled for the time being
Invoice received, and statement circulated.
Schedule of planning and payments circulated – voting requested. Cheque book and invoices sent to Cllr Gill by recorded post.
Direct Debit set up to pay for monthly website hosting.
Complaint received on 2nd, dated 30th March, responded to, and being treated as vexatious.
Planning Application Notification -UTT/20/07 82/HHF Roast Farm, Langley Road, Clavering, Saffron Walden, Essex CB11 4SQ
Planning Application Notification -UTT/20/07 86/FUL Hazeldene, Langley Road, Clavering, CB11 4SQ
Finally live after chasing Corsto, DD payment will come out on 6th of the month.
Complaint received 15.02.2020 responded to. Follow up complaint email received.
Planning responses made on UDC website for UTT/20/0667/FUL and UTT/20/0638/HHF
Having received voting for paying invoices, Cllr Gill sent/delivered cheques.
From Corsto – Re .gov domain –
‘I have been following up the application for a .gov.uk address for the council.
I have been advised that the application did go in and as an application is approved by 'jisc' - the body that approves the application. The application is currently with 'the committee' that agrees the .gov.uk applications. Once they have approved and confirmed, we will be able to transfer the website to the new domain.
Given current pandemic issues, I have not been given any update on timescales for approval at this stage.’
Webinar watched re: holding Council Meetings by Webinar
Responded to a letter received on 7th April from Kemi Badenoch’s office re: A parishioner and 2 letters of complaint, that he had sent them regarding CPC.
Phone message and email left enquiring about the cutting schedule.
Green Waste service resuming from 20th April
The parish was cut last week, they are carrying on as normal at the moment. They cut The Brambles at stickling Green and reported that someone has cut back the pond at the bottom of the cricket pitch, they have cut that back as well.
Proposal that the Clerk adds Zoom for meetings as a direct debit from the Clerk’s Account, at the best rate available – following NALC negotiations.
FOI request received while I was ill, responded to.
Request for an area on Stickling Green to be reseeded with a native grass seed mix, to replace a nettle thicket. Request first came in in August 2019, but was withdrawn as an agenda item.
Councillor and Chairman forums
DAS Legal Expenses
Emailed for advice regarding libel and slander of Cllrs – phone lines are not operating due to Covid-19.
DAS Legal Expenses
Call to discuss defamation. Not covered for individuals – revert back to Came and Co to investigate Officials Indemnity through Hiscox.
Letter responded to via email
Complaint email acknowledged and responded to.
AGAR instructions circulated. Document submission has been delayed until 31st July, with the period of Public Rights to run between 1st September and November.
Email request to take up NALC’s negotiated discount of £7.99 per month
Response from Zoom, saying NALC’s rate was for organisations requiring 10 subscriptions at a cost of £748 per year, their suggestion was to take out the £11.99 rate (no discount). I have emailed EALC, requesting they enquire with NALC about this.
Email circulated requesting attendance via zoom for meeting on 11th May, and a practice meeting with mock agenda on 30thApril.
Planning Application Notification -UTT/20/09 13/FUL Ashcroft, Wicken Road, Wicken Bonhunt, CB11 3UL
Comments made for UTT/20/07 82/HHF and UTT/20/07 86/FUL
Practice meeting set up for 7.15pm 30th April, login details circulated.
Request that the brambles are cut back on Stickling Green to the fence next to High Elms, photos sent through of google maps image from 2009, showing the fence and footpath sign, and current photos showing how obscured it is.
Weekly walk through Covid-19 issue 3
UTT/20/0616/FUL, Britannia Works, Stickling Green, Clavering, Essex
Change of use from D1 (gym) to mixed use (gym and office)
Application not sent through from UDC, alerted to it be Cllr Gooding and Highways comments. Comment closing date after 11th May Meeting, after contacting UDC.
Affinity For Business
Water bill received, higher than last year, I called to discuss, as I have been made away that the meter has been leaking – Affinity for Business is merging with Castle Water, and so have sent out estimated bills, the meter is being read in May, and if the amount does not match the estimate, then the account will be put in credit, reducing the bill for December.
Email asking if a bursary cheque had been received for £67, sent out on 9th October – it had not arrived, so they will be reissuing it.
April schedule of planning, and finances circulated.
Practice Zoom meeting with 7 Cllrs and 1 invited public participant.
Came and Co
Request for clarification regarding officials’ indemnity cover re: slander/libel/defamation.
Zoom advice received, acknowledged and thanked on 5th May.
Agenda, meeting docs, zoom invitations circulated.
Village Green – under review